MiBolsa Leather Product Care
Caring for your genuine 100% Argentine cows leather products from MiBolsa.
We take time selecting our products from premium sources around the world to ensure they are not only quality products but that they offer something a little different to our customers than the current market can. We sincerely hope you enjoy your new purchase!
These products, being genuine leather, which is a natural material, require special care, so to ensure your product is given the best chance at a long and healthy life we have compiled some do’s and dont’s that should only take a few moments to read but will give your product back much more than that in return.
Also as these are 100% genuine leather products some signs such as veins, scars and creases that remain visible over time should be appreciated as signs of the authenticity of the product. No two leathers are ever identical and it is part of the attraction and appeal of genuine leather that it is unique.
General Leather Care
- We recommend protecting your product with a colourless silicone. Apply the silicone to a clean dry cloth first and use that to apply it to the product. Never directly apply the silicone to the product.
- Any spots or spills should be blotted out immediately with a clean cloth or clean absorbent sponge. No rubbing. Then dry the with a clean towel and let dry in a well ventilated area. Do not dry the product by exposing it to the sun.
- Any water damage should be immediately cleaned with a dry cloth and the product allowed to dry in a well ventilated area. Do not dry the product by exposing to the sun.
- Any oil or fat damage should be inspected by a specialist leather cleaner.
- Wipe clean with a clean dry cloth.
- When not in use, try to keep your product stored in an open weave cotton bag that will allow the product to breathe and help prevent moisture occurring which can damage the leather.
- When storing your product for extended periods, ensure it is laid out neatly inside an open weave cotton bag and is not being pressed on by other items.
- Do NOT machine wash.
- Do NOT use harsh cleaning solutions to clean.
- Do NOT get wet, even rain can damage the natural leathers.
- Do NOT expose the leather to direct contact with perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol, oils or sealants as they can cause the leather to deteriorate.
- Do NOT clean using glycerin soap, abrasive cleaners, varnish, detergent, alcohol or other cleaning products that could damage the colour of the leather.